Terms and Conditions
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws, and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
2. USE LICENSE
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on TalentTank Recruiting Inc.’s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on TalentTank Recruiting Inc.’s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by TalentTank Recruiting Inc. at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
The materials on TalentTank Recruiting Inc.’s web site are provided “as is”. TalentTank Recruiting Inc. makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, TalentTank Recruiting Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
In no event shall TalentTank Recruiting Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on TalentTank Recruiting Inc.’s Internet site, even if TalentTank Recruiting Inc. or a TalentTank Recruiting Inc. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. REVISIONS AND ERRATA
The materials appearing on TalentTank Recruiting Inc.’s web site could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. TalentTank Recruiting Inc. does not warrant that any of the materials on its web site are accurate, complete, or current. TalentTank Recruiting Inc. may make changes to the materials contained on its web site at any time without notice. TalentTank Recruiting Inc. does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
TalentTank Recruiting Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by TalentTank Recruiting Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. GOVERNING LAW
Any claim relating to TalentTank Recruiting Inc.’s web site shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
General Terms and Conditions applicable to Use of a Website.
At TalentTank Recruiting Inc. our relationship with you is our most important asset. In our roles as consultants and advisors, we are frequently privy to confidential corporate data and personal information. We are committed to treat this data with the utmost of discretion and to maintain the privacy and security of your personal information.
What is Personal Information?
“Personal Information” means information about an identifiable individual (such as a home address, home telephone number, personal email, career aspirations, resume, etc.). Information such as name, title, business address, business telephone number or email of an employee at an organization is not considered “Personal Information.”
Yes. We take the protection of your privacy seriously, and we are happy to comply with the federal privacy legislation known as PIPEDA, the Personal Information Protection and Electronics Documents Act (the “Act”), and the corresponding Canadian Standards Association’s National Standard Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information.
The Code sets out ten Principles, all of which TalentTank Recruiting Inc. is committed and adheres to strictly. These include:
Principle 1 – Accountability:
An organization is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for the organization’s compliance with the Principles.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. takes its responsibility for the Personal Information that we have under our control very seriously.
- Mathew Shulman, Managing Director, has been designated as our Privacy Officer who has ultimate accountability to ensure that TalentTank Recruiting Inc. is compliant with the Act. Any questions or concerns about our privacy practices should be directed to him via the Contact Us page.
Principle 2 – Identifying Purposes:
The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the organization at or before the time the information is collected.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. will always tell you the purpose(s) for which we are collecting your Personal Information.
- We limit the collection of Personal Information to such information required to build and fulfill our relationship with you as recruitment consultants and career advisors. This information is collected via face-to-face meetings, telephone conversations, and electronic communications, and is acquired on an aggregate basis during the course of your career.
- We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than the initial purpose that was disclosed to you at the time of collection, without asking you for permission to do so (unless such use is required or permitted by the Act).
Principle 3 – Consent:
The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use, and disclosure of personal information, except where inappropriate.
- Any Personal Information that you do provide to us via communication with one of our consultants or via our web-site will be used for the sole purpose for which it was collected. This information will never be sold, traded or loaned – unless you have provided us with specific permission to do so.
- If you’re uncomfortable with the purpose(s) of our collection, use and disclosure please do not provide us with your information.
- We will never require that you consent to the collection, use or disclosure of your Personal Information for purposes beyond that required to fulfill the specified purpose for which the information was collected.
- If we wish to use your Personal Information in addition to the stated use (such as for future marketing programs), we will ask you if we can. We will give you the option to either opt-in or opt-out of such additional uses.
- If you have agreed to receive e-mail marketing materials (such as releases, newsletters or promotional offerings), but then decide you no longer wish to receive such information, simply use the unsubscribe link. For all other media channels, please mail your unsubscribe request to: Privacy at TalentTank Recruiting Inc., 1706 – 111 St Clair Ave West Toronto, ON, M4V1N5.
- Sometimes we receive lists of contact information for individuals who we believe may be interested in our services. These lists usually contain a combination of Personal Information and Corporate Contact Data. When these lists contain Personal Information we require that the providing organization confirm that all individuals on the list have expressed consent in sharing that Personal Information with third-parties whose services may be of interest to those individuals. If we do not receive this assurance we will only use the Corporate Contact Data and will take all means necessary to avoid utilizing Personal Information. Should you ever receive correspondence from us and wish not to in the future, our communications will always detail how to ensure that you are removed from our mailing lists.
- By using our website, you agree that we can use your Personal Information to contact you when necessary for the administration of your account.
Please note – if we are required to release Personal Information by or pursuant to law (including the Act), or by a search warrant, subpoena, court order or other legal processes we will release your Personal Information without your consent.
Principle 4 – Limiting Collection:
The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. The information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. does not collect Personal Information indiscriminately. We assess what information is required for the purposes identified and limit collection accordingly.
- We will not mislead or deceive our customers about the purposes for which we collect their Personal Information.
Principle 5 – Limiting Use, Disclosure and Retention:
Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. will destroy Personal Information that is no longer required to perform the identified purposes. TalentTank Recruiting Inc. has guidelines in place for dealing with the destruction of obsolete data.
Principle 6 – Accuracy:
Personal information shall be accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purpose(s) for which it is to be used.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. uses its best efforts to ensure that all Personal Information that it holds is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
Principle 7 – Safeguards:
Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Although TalentTank Recruiting Inc. does not collect sensitive information we do have physical measures, organization measures, and technological measures in place to ensure the protection of your Personal Information. Our security procedures are continually enhanced as new technology becomes available.
Principle 8 – Openness:
An organization shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. will make readily available to you specific information as is mandated by the Act and the Principles.
- You can contact us by sending an email to Info@TalentTankRecruiting.com
Principle 9 – Individual Access:
Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use, and disclosure of his or her personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- TalentTank Recruiting Inc. will, upon request and within a reasonable amount of time, inform you as to whether or not we hold any of your Personal Information. In certain limited circumstances, and only in accordance with the Act and the Principles, we may not be able to provide access to all of the Personal Information that we hold on you. If that is the case, we will advise you of that decision in a reasonable amount of time.
Principle 10 – Challenging Compliance:
An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals accountable for the organization’s compliance.
- It is our hope that as a user of our services you will not have any complaints with respect to our privacy policies and procedures. As leaders in the marketplace, we seek to meet and exceed all standards set out in the Act and the Principles. In the event that you do have a complaint, our complaint procedures will be easily accessible and simple to use. TalentTank Recruiting Inc. will take any complaints seriously and will investigate all such complaints.
Does TalentTank Recruiting Inc. also collect information that is not “identifiable,” i.e. cannot be linked to an individual?
In our efforts to provide you with the highest quality user experience via our website and electronic communications, we may collect additional information which may not be connected to any Personal Information you may provide. This data is collected in the aggregate to provide research information and trending models.
For instance, we may collect your IP address. Your IP address is assigned to your computer whenever you use the Internet. We collect the type of browser being used, your operating system and the domain name of the website that linked you to our site.
In addition, our site uses “cookies” which are small files stored by your browser to keep track of the site visits. Our “cookies” do not collect personally identifiable information, nor do we share them with anyone. We use “cookies” for the sole purpose of tracking user trends and improve the areas of our site that our users find valuable.
If you have any questions about this policy or;
- To ask that we not send you further mailings or contact you or
- To confirm or update your Personal Information or
- To request we delete your Personal Information from our active records
You are invited to contact us here or by writing to:
Mathew Shulman, Managing Director (& Privacy Officer)
TalentTank Recruiting Inc.
111 St Clair Avenue West